Monday 12 December 2016

Lynda Gratton at HR Congress





I'm speaking at, and attending the HR Congress in Amsterdam this week.

I enjoyed seeing Lynda Gratton speaking about the 100 year life. Given this extra time, it becomes more important to manage own own wellbeing and effectiveness, enabled through a greater focus on intangible assets: productivity (knowledge, peers and reputation), vitality (health, balanced living and regenerative relationships) and transformation (self knowledge and diverse networks).



It was interesting to see connections, relationships and networks, ie social capital come up in each of these asset types.

Lynda also talked about the sorts of changes this would bring about for companies' HR strategies.





Lynda Gratton's focus on vitality also made me think about my Christmas present to myself - an Apple Watch which I'm getting free care of my health insurer, Vitality. That's as long as I do enough exercise each day. Another great example of a response to our longer lives.




For more from me:
  • Consulting   Research  Speaking  Training  Writing
  • Strategy  - Talent - Engagement  - Change and OD 
  • Contact me to create more value for your business
  • jon [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)