Friday 7 August 2009

Nose job time

 

      It’s funny how things change as time goes by.

I never thought I’d use Twitter for example, but now am a quite active user – even if I tend to use it as an information source, rather than being a great tweeter myself.

And I used to think I’d never do anything about my nose.  It was only slightly off-centre after all.

But then I didn’t know about research which suggests people find symmetrical faces more attractive (an evolutionary preference for healthy genes).

This isn’t about attracting a mate you’ll understand – I’ve been happily married for nearly 15 years.

But I do a lot of training and presentations these days.  And whether it’s a one-on-one, or a session with a couple of thousand people that I’ve done a few times too, I want to present myself at my best – and to be perceived at my best as well.

So I’ve just been in for a rhinoplasty operation.  Apologies if I’m a bit snuffly if we talk at all by phone.

 

 

  • Consulting - Research - Speaking  - Training -  Writing
  • Strategy  -  Talent  -  Engagement  -  Change and OD
  • Contact  me to  create more  value for  your business
  • jon  [dot] ingham [at] strategic [dash] hcm [dot] com

    .

  • 3 comments:

    1. When I saw the blog title in my Google reader I assumed you were giving the blog site a 'nose job', i.e. a re-design, new color scheme or some such. I was surprised to see it a real nose job on your real nose! Good luck and be well soon!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Who's the one emulating Paris Hilton???

      :)

      ReplyDelete
    3. Ah, yes. Good point. At least I'm not going to have to get my hair coloured though....

      ReplyDelete

    Please add your comment here (email me your comments if you have trouble and I will put them up for you)